Studies show the numerous benefits of exercise: stress relief, longer lives, decreased risk for disease, etc.
Here are 10 Unusual Ways to Exercise:
1. Rollerblading– it’s not just for kids, mom and dad can do it too! Rollerblading is great for cardio and balance. Even if it is just for 10 minutes, your body will benefit from a short stroll through the neighborhood.
Rollerblading by Dennis MacDonald
2. Martial Arts– Many gyms offer classes for martial arts, and for all levels.
3. Dancing- almost all forms! Hip-hop, salsa, country, ball room, you name it! Enjoy yourself as you burn calories and work your body.
4. Paddle Boarding- talk about a killer core workout! This is great for anyone near a body of water. The harder/easier you work, the harder/easier it will be.
5. Kayaking– another great form of exercise for people living near water. This works more upper body.
6. Wii Fit- a working mom of 5 children told me about this one! Wii Fit offers dozens of different games to choose from including yoga, Hula hooping, skiing, tennis, The Biggest Loser, circuit training, and a whole lot more.
7. Kickboxing– this one is especially great for relieving stress and agitation. Many gyms have classes for this.
8. Trampoline Jumping– I discovered this one while babysitting. It is easy on the joints, and great for getting in short 10-minute bursts of exercise.
9. Tennis- find a buddy, some rackets, and tennis balls and get to it!
10. Swimming- this is a great low-impact form of exercise which you can easily modify to fit your needs.
What unusual forms of exercise do YOU do?