Here is a workout you can do in the pool, even if you are NOT a swimmer, and even if all you have access to is a small apartment pool! I did not have a paddle board, so I used the top of a styrofoam cooler instead.
This workout takes about 25-30mins. It is great for the front of your legs and abs!
- Warm up by kicking easy 4 x 25 yards (rest 10 sec. at end of the lane after each before starting the next lap)
- Repeat the following 3 times:
- Kick 25 yards easy followed by 25 yards hard (10 sec. rest)
- Kick 50 yards easy followed by 25 yards moderate followed by 25 yards hard (20 sec. rest)
- Kick 25 yards moderate followed by 25 yards hard (15 sec. rest)
- Kick on your back (holding the kickboard straight out overhead) 4 x 25 yards (15 sec. rest) **this really works your core
- Kick 4 x 25 yards very hard (sprinting effort) (30 sec. rest)
- Cool down by kicking easy 4 x 25 yards (10 sec. rest)
Workout originally found from http://www.thefitscoop.com/cardio-workout-of-the-week-pool-workouts-for-non-swimmers/